The health benefits of lemons can’t be overstated. This powerful little fruit does many good things for your life, your looks and your health.
Start with the smell. There’s a reason the scent of lemons makes us think “clean” and “fresh.” Lemons are nature’s antiseptic and their juice is a powerful cleansing agent. The scent of lemons is known to be a mood lifter and is often used to perk up people suffering from depression or anxiety.
Reasons to Have More Lemons in Your Life
Lemons Make You Lovely
Lemon juice is a natural scalp cleanser and many people use it to bring out natural highlights in their hair. Lemon juice also dries up acne, helps fade age spots and can gradually dissolve warts.
Cut a lemon in half and rub the halves over rough spots on your feet, elbows and hands. The juice will soften tough calluses. This trick also works to heal cold sores and fever blisters.
You can use lemon juice to whiten your nails, freshen your breath or soothe your aching feet.
Lemons Make You Healthy
Lemon juice is a good treatment for many conditions including arthritis, indigestion and rheumatism. According to Dr. Axe, “Lemon juice aids in digestion, detoxification and is high in vitamin C, making it a great antioxidant.”
Drinking lemonade daily will rid the body of toxins and prevent kidney stones from forming. Lemons are used to treat diseases like cholera and malaria because their juice helps purify the blood.
For an effective lemon juice colon cleanse, check out this recipe by Dr. Axe:
Homemade Colon Cleanse
- ½ cup 100 percent pure organic apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup warm purified water
- Start with a tall glass and a spoon.
- Place 3.5 ounces of purified water in a pan. You want to warm the water, not boil it, so that you can drink the water at a safe temperature.
- Once it is warm, pour it into your glass. Then add the sea salt and stir.
- Add the apple juice, ginger juice and fresh lemon juice. Stir.
- Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then have this mixture again just before a light lunch, and again mid-afternoon.
How to Do The Cleanse
Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then have this mixture again just before a light lunch, preferably of steamed vegetables and baked salmon, and again mid-afternoon.
Have 6–8 glasses of room temperature water throughout the day. It may be best to slow down the consumption of liquids after 5 p.m. so that you are not awakened in the night, with having to go to the bathroom.
Lemons Make Life Better
If you want to see the power of lemons work a small miracle in your life, try this trick. Place three cut lemons in a bowl by your bedside every night. Here are just a few things that will happen.
1. Your room will smell wonderful. Lemons work better than an aerosol spray or room freshener that will just unload chemicals into your environment. Get a freshly scented room by slicing open lemons and leaving them in a bowl overnight. You’ll never want to use those toxic sprays again.